Are you looking for the best photo scanner for macs? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll provide detailed information about the photo scanner for macs for 2023.
I went into research mode to get a clear picture of which photo scanner for macs is the best. I scanned all the options available in the market and studied them thoroughly. I looked at what users are saying and then I looked at what experts are saying. And you won’t believe but this process helped me filter out 90% of the photo scanner for macs! Shocking, right? So then which are the 10% that made it to the list? Read the entire article to find out.
Some products are backed by heavy marketing, and some by quality. My task was to find out the latter ones. Due to this, some very popular photo scanner for macs also did not make it to the list.
Note: Though customer reviews were also taken into consideration, the major emphasis was given to experts’ opinions. So all the photo scanner for macs you read about in this article, have been highly recommended by the experts.
10 Best Photo scanner for macs Available Now
There is a vast difference between how users perceive a product and how experts perceive it. To ensure a balance I studied both. Experts give a lot more insight into the technicalities of the [Products] as well. And we may not realize it in our daily use but these technicalities play a major role in our experience of using photo scanner for macs.
- ePhoto Z300 works with both Mac and PC : Supports Windows 7/8/10/11 , Mac OS X 10.10 to 13.x , User can download the latest version on Plustek website.
- Powerful Image Enhancement functions included
- You can easily convert about 1000 photos to digitize files in one afternoon and share with your family or friends.
- Just insert the photos one by one and then scan
- Quickly enhance and restore old faded images with a click of the mouse.
- This makes ePhoto much more efficient than a flatbed scanner.
- More efficient than a flatbed scanner
- Fast and easy, 2 seconds for one 4×6 photo and 5 seconds for one 8×10 size [email protected]
- The easiest way to scan photos and documents
- Optical Resolution is up to 600 dpi ( PS: two setting: 300dpi/ 600dpi).
- Supports 3×5, 4×6, 5×7, and 8×10 in sizes photo scanning but also letter and A4 size paper
- Preserve priceless memories: Restore, archive and share family photos for generations to come
- Scan over sized prints, documents and artwork : ArcSoft Scan n Stitch Deluxe 2 included (3)
- USB powered: No AC adapter required
- Convenient: Easy to use buttons for scan jobs, plus a space saving built in kickstand for vertical placement
- Remove dust from scanned photos : Advanced Digital Dust Correction
- Scan books and photo albums: High rise, removable lid
- Scan to Google Drive and other cloud services (2): Epson Document Capture Pro and Easy Photo Scan software included
- High quality scanning for photos and documents : 4800 dpi optical resolution (1) for amazing clarity and detail
- Convert scanned documents into editable text: Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software included
- Restore color to faded photos: With one click, Easy Photo Fix technology makes it simple
- In addition, the technology is environmentally friendly as it is mercury free, low in heat dissipation and power consumption.
- Scan slides, negatives and medium format panoramic film: Built in transparency unit
- TPU 2.7 x 9.5 inches
- Take your photos further: ArcSoft PhotoStudio included, to help edit and enhance your digital images
- The included OCR software ABBYY FineReader Sprint enables users to convert scanned documents into editable text
- Achieve greater productivity: Energy efficient Ready Scan LED light source means no warm up time, faster scans and lower power consumption
- Convert scanned documents into editable text: ABBYY FineReader Sprint Plus OCR
- The V600 Photo comes with four customisable buttons that let users instantly scan, copy, scan-to-email and create PDFs at a single touch
- Maximum Scan Area 8.5 x 11.7 inches
- It also features fully automatic scanning along with three additional modes for better control
- Results based on Epson internal testing conducted using US-equivalent 120V models.
- Create extraordinary enlargements from film: 6400 x 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17 Inches x 22 Inches
- Remove the appearance of tears and creases from photos: Digital ICE for prints
- Restore faded color photos with one touch: Epson easy photo fix included
- Quickly complete any task: Instantly scan, copy, scan to email and create PDFs with four customizable buttons With Epson ReadyScan LED Technology, scanning starts instantly with no warm-up time required
- Remove the appearance of dust and scratches from film: Digital ICE for Film
- Reliable paper feeding system — Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection helps prevent missing pages; Paper Protection helps prevent damage from staples
- Simplified file management — create searchable PDFs with included Optical Character Recognition (OCR); convert scanned documents to editable Word and Excel files
- Get organized in a snap — scan up to 35 ppm/70 ipm (1); Single-Step Technology captures both sides in one pass
- Optional flatbed dock – pair an Epson flatbed scanner for scanning photos or thicker media (3)
- Seamless integration with most software solutions — the included TWAIN driver allows you to easily incorporate your data into most document management software
- Quickly scan stacks of paper — robust 50-sheet Auto Document Feeder easily accommodates multiple paper types and sizes in one batch
- Versatile scanning of everyday documents — scan extra long pages up to 240″, business/ID cards, contracts and more
- Intelligent color and image adjustments — auto crop, blank page skip, background removal, dirt detection and paper-skew correction with Epson Image Processing Technology
- Easy sharing and collaboration — email or upload to popular cloud storage services (2) such as Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive and OneDrive
- Powerful software included — easy scanning with intuitive Epson ScanSmart Software (2); preview, email, upload to the cloud and more; automatic file naming saves time
- RESPECTS YOUR TIME, ATTENTION, & SPACE: Use Doxie wherever you find most convenient — home, the office, work at home, school, or anywhere else in-between — like the couch while binging The Home Edit or Tidying Up with Marie Kondo
- Scan up to 400 pages per charge.
- 🫂 EXPERT PAPERLESS SUPPORT W/ FREE DOXIECARE: We’ve thought about your paper, so you don’t have to
- Doxie is battery powered with memory, so there’s no need to sit at your desk
- Exclusive access to the best support in the scanner industry to help you scan, organize, or simply provide tips on the best ways to scan your paper
- SEARCH EVERYTHING WITH UNMATCHED OCR: Unlimited searchable document functionality included, enhanced with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning for incredible accuracy
- Scanning takes seconds — just insert your sheet and then insert another.
- Every new Doxie includes a 1-year DoxieCare manufacturer warranty and a new friend in going paperless (hi!).
- You deserve control over how you keep and organize your paper
- It’s your paper — do what you want with it! Doxie apps let you save, share, and send your docs, receipts, and photos to the cloud.
- WIRELESS & FLEXIBLE: Doxie doesn’t tie you into yet another product ecosystem
- THE AMAZING PORTABLE PAPERLESS MACHINE: A smart scanner for all your paper, receipts, photos, classwork, and “I don’t want this, but what if I need it later?” items rolled into one tiny, battery-powered, portable scanner for Mac, PC, & iOS
- Search the contents of all your files at once by merely typing a name, account number, or detail from one of your documents saved as a PDF with optical character recognition (OCR).
- Bundled software: Includes easy-to-use Canon CaptureOnTouch scanning software (Win and Mac) plus free licenses for Readiris PDF and OCR software and Cardiris business card software (Win)
- Broad compatibility: Windows and Mac TWAIN driver included
- Easy Setup: Simply connect to your computer using the supplied USB cable
- Fast and efficient: Scans both sides of a document at the same time, in color, at up to 40 pages per minute, with a 60 sheet automatic feeder, and one touch operation
- Backed by a one-year warranty and US-based technical support
- Reliably handles many different document types: Receipts, photos, business cards, reports, contracts, long documents, thick or thin documents, and more
- Stay organized: Easily convert your paper documents into searchable digital formats
- Preserve Photo Memories: Scan 4″ x 6″ photos in under a second with intelligent features such as auto facial orientation and red-eye reduction
- Scan anywhere you want whenever you want: Wi-Fi compatibility allows you to directly connect to your smart devices or cloud services without a PC, and allows for flexible placement wherever its convenient
- Optimized user experience: ScanSnap iX1600 features an intuitive 4.3inch touch screen for complete end to end scanning and data utilization
- Customize your preference: The scanner supports up to 30 customizable profiles; Customize the profile on the touch screen based on your scanning needs and personalize scanning icons using color, icons or letters
- Ideal for team sharing: One scanner supports up to 4 user licenses each allowing user profile and icon customizations
- HIGHLY FLEXIBLE – Handles photos and documents including Polaroids, receipts, cards, driver licenses, and tax documents of various sizes and saves them in formats such as JPG, TIF, BMP, PNG, PDF, and PPTX
- FAST AND EFFICIENT – Scans both sides of photos and documents at the same time with just the touch of a button, at up to 40 items per minute, through an automatic feeder
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY – Supports Windows and Mac; TWAIN driver included
- BUNDLED SOFTWARE – Includes software for enhancing photos, red-eye correction, digital face smoothing, and more; also scan, create, convert, and edit paper documents
- PEACE OF MIND – Backed by a one-year limited warranty and US-based technical support for imageFORMULA scanners
- DIGITIZE PAPER PHOTOGRAPHS – Create lasting memories with digital montages or scrapbooks, share with friends and family or store on a computer or to your current cloud service
- Compatible with Windows TWAIN, WIA, MacOS ICA, and Linux XSANE drivers
- It also provides a maximum optical resolution of 2400 x 2400 dpi which delivers a color depth of 48-bit vivid true-to-life image and realizes smoother and more detailed color gradient and variations
- Please kindly contact our customer service for how to clean it.
- User can get a Max
- It helps you work efficiently with four panel buttons enabling scan, email, print and even create a single or multipage PDF
- The large format scanner features in frameless and narrow boundary design which allows to scan large documents, photo albums, books, magazines, and thick items
- All in a snap.
- The Auto-Scan function enables the scanner to scan automatically when the scanner lid is closed
- VIISAN VF3240 is an A3 large format high speed faltbed scanner, designed for high quality scanning of artworks, photos, painting albums, books, magazines, newspapers, CAD drawings, and other large document items up to 12’’ x 17’’
- Note: If white lines appear during scanning, you need to simply clean the scanner
- Effective 196,000,000 pixel image
- The VF3240 faltbed scanner offers fastest scanning speed of 4 sec (200dpi, A3-size color)
- It is ideal for school projects,business work, graphic designing and digital publishing work.
- Note: The 2400 DPI scanning in the Windows ViiScan software can only scan to A5 size.
- [1-year limited warranty] We provide a one-year warranty for Non-man-made damage
- Support Windows 7/8.1/10/11 , Mac OS 10.7 or later for Image Capture (ICA) driver only, Linux Ubuntu 1604 / Fedora 24
- It enhances the efficiency of continuous scanning process.and LED Light Source, Save Energy, No Warm-Up Time,No More Waiting.
- WIA only support to 600 dpi
- Scan anywhere you want whenever you want: Along with USB connectivity, Wi-Fi compatibility provides even more connectability to Mac, PC, mobile devices and to cloud services without a computer at all
- Innovative and intelligent paper feeding enhancements to handle the widest variety of document types in the ScanSnap family of scanners
- Preserve Photo Memories: Scan 4″ x 6″ photos in under a second with intelligent features such as auto facial orientation and red-eye reduction
- Lightning fast one touch paper-in, image-up performance with automatic deskew, color detection and blank page removal to streamline and enhance productivity
- Space saving operational design in the smallest of spaces for virtually any work or home office environment
All-in-one Buying Guide
It’s easy to pick a good photo scanner for macs amongst the bad ones. However, when you have two or more good photo scanner for macs in front of you, it becomes tricky to make a choice. In our modern times, this is what happens to us most of the time. And this is exactly where we need help. So our buying guide is designed especially for you. To help you in making the best choice with confidence when you are buying photo scanner for macs for yourself.
We often get overwhelmed by the brand image, features, and marketing of a product. We forget something very essential to us in this, which is price. When faced with several choices, price is a very good filter that helps you narrow down your choices. So when you see multiple good options of photo scanner for macs in front of you, price alone might help you eliminate a few options. So always remember to check the price.
Companies market the features that they want to highlight. However, these features might not be of much use to you. So when you are considering your options for photo scanner for macs, ensure that you go through all the features and think about which ones actually matter to you. And instead of just reading the features superficially, try to go deeper and understand the implications of these features.
When you get a new photo scanner for macs, you would obviously want it to last for a decent period. Durability is one of the most overlooked factors when people shop. So, make it a point to always check how durable a product is and compare it with other options. You don’t want to have to go back to make the purchase and waste additional time and money just because of poor quality.
When all your stars seem to align according to the above-mentioned factors, you need to do one last test. You should ask yourself whether you really need that photo scanner for macs. In today’s world, marketing has become so strong and powerful, it can alone convince you to buy. So you should think about this for a while before you actually make your decision.
Instead of handing you out a fish, I have tried through this article to actually teach you how to fish. If you keep these factors in mind, there is no doubt you will find the perfect photo scanner for macs for yourself. According to what experts have said, few photo scanner for macs emerged as really good options and I would say that you can confidently pick any of these.
Have you made up your mind about photo scanner for macs or still feeling confused? Well, if you still have doubts, I would say read this article again, this time slowly and carefully. What’s more, you can take this crisp list of photo scanner for macs and research them on your own to find out more. I hope you make a smart choice and find for yourself a really good photo scanner for macs.