Are you looking for the best small portable diesel generator? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll provide detailed information about the small portable diesel generator for 2023.
I went into research mode to get a clear picture of which small portable diesel generator is the best. I scanned all the options available in the market and studied them thoroughly. I looked at what users are saying and then I looked at what experts are saying. And you won’t believe but this process helped me filter out 90% of the small portable diesel generator! Shocking, right? So then which are the 10% that made it to the list? Read the entire article to find out.
Some products are backed by heavy marketing, and some by quality. My task was to find out the latter ones. Due to this, some very popular small portable diesel generator also did not make it to the list.
Note: Though customer reviews were also taken into consideration, the major emphasis was given to experts’ opinions. So all the small portable diesel generator you read about in this article, have been highly recommended by the experts.
10 Best Small portable diesel generator Available Now
There is a vast difference between how users perceive a product and how experts perceive it. To ensure a balance I studied both. Experts give a lot more insight into the technicalities of the [Products] as well. And we may not realize it in our daily use but these technicalities play a major role in our experience of using small portable diesel generator.
- CHAMPION SUPPORT: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- GFCI Outlets : No
- DUAL FUEL: Operate your 2500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus at only 39 pounds, this inverter is one of the lightest 2500-watt inverters in the industry
- QUIET OPERATION: With an ultra-quiet 53 dBA from 23 feet, enjoy 2500 starting watts, 1850 running watts and up to 11.5 hours run time on gasoline, and 1665 running watts and up to 34 hours on propane
- CLEAN POWER: Includes two covered 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD), a 12V automotive-style outlet, plus a handy dual port USB adapter
- PARALLEL READY: The optional, sold-separately clip-on parallel kit enables this inverter to connect with another 2500-watt Champion inverter to double your output power
- Large 10
- Electric Push Button Start for Quick and Easy Operation
- (4) 120V 20A Outlets, (1) 120V 30A Twist-Lock Outlet, (1) 120/240V 30A Twist-Lock Outlet & (1) 240V 50A RV Outlet
- 15, 000 Peak Watts/12, 000 Running Watts (Gasoline)
- Dual Fuel Capability
- Heavy-Duty Powder Coated Frame with Lifting Bar, Never-flat wheels and Folding Handles
- 6 Gallon Fuel Tank for Extended Run time
- 13, 500 Peak Watts/11, 000 Running Watts (Propane)
- Includes Wheel/Handle Kit & Battery
- 713cc, V-Twin, 4-Stroke, OHV, Air Cooled Engine
- Featuring a 3 in 1 Digital Voltage, Frequency, Time Meter
- 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD – Weighs Only 47.4 Lbs
- 2 Gallon Gas Tank – Features “Economy Mode” for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- – Gas Powered – Two 120V 20 Amp Outlets; Two USB Outlets
- Parallel Capable – Combine Your iGen2200 with the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT; iGen1200; iGen2200; and iGen2500 to Increase Available Wattage and Amperage (Requires Westinghouse Parallel Cord)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service; Labor; and Parts Coverage and Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and 12 Hour Run Time on a 1
- Great Choice for Home Use as an Emergency Backup in a Power Outage – Strong Enough to Run All Your Home Essentials
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP15000E is Powered by a DuroMax 713cc DuroMax V-Twin Engine
- LOW OIL SHUT-OFF: Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 15,000 peak watts and 12,000 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- IDLE CONTROL: Generator lowers RPMs when not in use, saving fuel and reducing noise
- MX2 TECHNOLOGY: With DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 Volt receptacles; Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power
- Ideal in situations like on job sites where power is used intermittently.
- Lift Hook – Designed for safe and easy transport, loading and unloading, plus the Intelligauge keeps track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours so you can easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Electric Start – Trust the reliable 717cc V-Twin Champion engine with its battery-included electric start featuring a reliable toggle switch, plus built-in Cold Start Technology for easy starts in cold weather
- Champion Support – includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Covered Outlets – One 120V 30A locking, a 120/240V 30A locking, a 120/240V 50A and four 120V 20A GFCI outlets, plus Volt Guard built-in surge protector prevents overloads and keeps your appliances and equipment safe
- Ultra-Powerful – At 15,000 starting watts and 12,000 running watts, enjoy up to 9 hours of run time on a full tank of gasoline with a noise level of 78 dBA from 23 feet
- Complete with low oil shut-off, 3-in-1 digital meter, and automatic voltage Regulation for less worry and hassle
- A 8 gallon fuel tank gives you up to 12 hours of continuous operation at half load when running on gasoline
- 12, 000 peak watts/ 9, 500 Rated watts (gasoline) & 10, 800 peak watts/ 8, 550 Rated watts (LPG)
- (4) 120V 20A AC outlets, (1) 120V/240V 30A twist-lock outlet, (1) 120V/240V 50A outlet, (1) 12V DC output provide ample space for powering appliances, tools, and other devices
- Dual fuel capability allows you to choose between gasoline & LPG fuel sources; great for emergency situations or natural disaster as LPG may be more readily available and easy to store
- The 457cc, single cylinder, 4-stroke, air cooled, OHV engine with electric start is protected by a durable powder coated frame
- Convenient drop-down handles and 10” never-flat wheels for added mobility and easy storage
- Includes propane hose & backed by a 1 Year limited
- 212cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine; Long Lasting Cast Iron Engine Sleeve; Automatic Low Oil Shutdown
- Intuitive Control Panel Features a 5-20R 120V Duplex Outlet, an RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Outlet, and an L5-30R 30 Amp Outlet
- 3600 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 3240 Rated Watts & 4650 Peak Watts (Propane); 4 Gallon Fuel Tank (with Fuel Gauge); Electric Push Button and Remote Start
- Plug-and-Play Comes With a Propane Regulator Hose, Handle, Heat Resistant Plastic Wheels with Never-Flat Polyurethane Tires, Oil, Funnel, Tool Kit, and User Manual; Minimal Assembly Required.
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage and Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one AC 120V NEMA TT-30R RV receptacle, one 12V DC receptacle, two 5V USB ports, a digital load and fuel display, and a two-year warranty
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
- Dimensions: 23.2″ L x 18″ W x 20.1″ H | Weight: 99.2 lb.Dimensions: 23.2″ L x 18″ W x 20.1″ H | Weight: 99.2 lb
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Produces clean power to prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets and laptops
- Extremely quiet operation minimizes noise;, EPA III and CARB Compliant
- EcoSmart ECO 11 Sizing; 13-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for a bathroom, small sink, office breakroom and other point-of-use or low-flow applications; provides between 1.3 and 3.1 gallons-per-minute depending on the inlet water temperature; refer to the sizing guide to select the proper solution
- Save Space; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters; may be installed on wall or at point of use; Dimensions 11.5 x 8 x 3.75 inches
- Endless On-Demand Hot Water; Consistent hot water when you need it that never runs out; Continuously monitored water temperature and controlled flow rates ensure efficiency and consistent performance within 1 degree of selected temperature
- Save Energy; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 99% thermal energy efficient; Only heats water when called unlike a tank heater that maintains water temperature even when not being used.
- Power up the 459cc Champion engine with the handy rocker switch, battery included
- Gasoline Tank Material-Steel
- Your 8000-watt portable generator operates on natural gas, propane, or gasoline, plus natural gas and propane hoses are included so the unit is ready to run on any fuel right out of the box
- Track voltage, frequency, session run time, and total run time to monitor output and track maintenance intervals, plus the UL-recognized sensor uses an LED to indicate CO shutoff or fault
- Gasoline: 10,000 starting watts and 8000 running watts, propane: 9000 starting watts and 7200 running watts, natural gas: 8750 starting watts and 7000 running watts and engine oil is included
- Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
All-in-one Buying Guide
It’s easy to pick a good small portable diesel generator amongst the bad ones. However, when you have two or more good small portable diesel generator in front of you, it becomes tricky to make a choice. In our modern times, this is what happens to us most of the time. And this is exactly where we need help. So our buying guide is designed especially for you. To help you in making the best choice with confidence when you are buying small portable diesel generator for yourself.
We often get overwhelmed by the brand image, features, and marketing of a product. We forget something very essential to us in this, which is price. When faced with several choices, price is a very good filter that helps you narrow down your choices. So when you see multiple good options of small portable diesel generator in front of you, price alone might help you eliminate a few options. So always remember to check the price.
Companies market the features that they want to highlight. However, these features might not be of much use to you. So when you are considering your options for small portable diesel generator, ensure that you go through all the features and think about which ones actually matter to you. And instead of just reading the features superficially, try to go deeper and understand the implications of these features.
When you get a new small portable diesel generator, you would obviously want it to last for a decent period. Durability is one of the most overlooked factors when people shop. So, make it a point to always check how durable a product is and compare it with other options. You don’t want to have to go back to make the purchase and waste additional time and money just because of poor quality.
When all your stars seem to align according to the above-mentioned factors, you need to do one last test. You should ask yourself whether you really need that small portable diesel generator. In today’s world, marketing has become so strong and powerful, it can alone convince you to buy. So you should think about this for a while before you actually make your decision.
Instead of handing you out a fish, I have tried through this article to actually teach you how to fish. If you keep these factors in mind, there is no doubt you will find the perfect small portable diesel generator for yourself. According to what experts have said, few small portable diesel generator emerged as really good options and I would say that you can confidently pick any of these.
Have you made up your mind about small portable diesel generator or still feeling confused? Well, if you still have doubts, I would say read this article again, this time slowly and carefully. What’s more, you can take this crisp list of small portable diesel generator and research them on your own to find out more. I hope you make a smart choice and find for yourself a really good small portable diesel generator.